This Post has already been read 6574 times.
A few month ago Windows 8 Consumer Preview was released by Microsoft and a few days ago Microsoft Pakistan page on Facebook asked a question “Did you know you can pin websites to your Windows 7 taskbar?”, the idea of pinning pages to Windows 8 Start Menu sprung up in my mind and I found out the flowing:
Follow these steps if your Internet Explorer is set to open as Metro IE:
- Open the Internet Explorer from the Start Menu
- In the search box, type the address of the website you wish to pin, once the page loads you can pin the website by clicking on the pin to start button that appears after the refresh button
The above steps are only applicable when Internet Explorer is set as Default for opening websites and you are using Metro IE.
If you are not using Metro IE in Windows 8, then following steps should be followed:
- Any site can be pined by using Tools > Add Site to Start Menu
- Go to All Programs, search the pages by typing its name (e.g Google)
- Right click it to pin to the start menu
You may also like: