Different Memorandums of Understanding (MoUs) were signed between Punjab Govt and the world renowned IT companies for enhancing mutual cooperation in information technology sector.
A ceremony held at Arfa Software Technology Park which was attended by Punjab Chief Minister Muhammad Shahbaz Sharif, Chairman Planning & Development, Provincial Secretaries, Chairman Punjab Information Technology Board (PITB), representatives of IT companies and computer experts.
MoUs were signed by Chairman PITB Dr. Umar Saif, on behalf of Punjab Govt, with Chief Executive Officers of IT Companies.
List of Companies that signed MoUs are:
- Microsoft: MoU was signed to get students trained in internet based self-employments methods.
- Cisco: It will set up Cisco Networking Academy
- Hawaway: Infrastructure development of information and communication technology, various training facilities to be provided by Huawei in the province.
- Oracle: Students will be provided training in oracle technology and certification facility.
- Teradata: It will establish the most modern development center in Arfa Software Technology Park which will result in generation of job opportunities to 200 persons.
- Transworld: It will provide fiber optic link at Arfa Software Park.
- Wateen: It will offer free of cost Wi-Fi internet facility to the students in educational institutions throughout the province.
These agreements are aimed at transforming IT sector in accordance with international standard and providing access to Pakistani students to different computer programs of world reputed companies. As a result of these projects, modern experts will become available to Pakistan in IT sector, job opportunities will be provided to the youth and also help in setting up of new software houses of computer technology.