Prices of Nokia Mobile Phones have been increased in Pakistan owing to sharp decrease in value of rupee against dollar.
During last 5 days, Dollar reached at Rs. 94.5 building a pressure on the mobile phones distributors who had to pay Nokia for earlier consignments of mobile phones earlier in the week. The payment amount has increased by Rs. 4 to Rs. 5 on every dollar they pay to principal.
There is an increase of Rs. 100 to Rs. 300 on lower to middle range phones. The cheapest mobile phone ‘Nokia 103’ that was launched in previous days in Pakistan for Rs. 1,500 reached to Rs. 16,50 in just a few days of its life. Similarly prices of other Nokia phones increased as well.
Few of the phones are mentioned below:
- Nokia 100 Prices increased from Rs. 2,150 to Rs. 2,225
- Nokia 101 Price increased from 2,500 to Rs. 2,600
- Nokia 1280 Price increased from Rs. 1,800 to Rs. 1,900
- Nokia C2-01 Price increased from Rs. 6,400 to Rs. 6,600
- Nokia X2-01 Price increased from Rs. 6,500 to Rs. 6,700