Twitter recently partnered with Warid to allow its customers to be able to use Twitter via SMS, while Warid user after the integration of their mobile devices with Twitter accounts can perform all necessary tasks to operate their Twitter account by text messages.
How the Service Works?
If you have already a Twitter account then login to your Twitter account, then follow these steps:
- Go to this link and open it: http://twitter.com/devices
- Choose ‘Pakistan’ as country
- Enter your phone number and let the carrier as pre-selected ‘Warid’ and follow the wizard to complete the registration
- After confirming our information, any SMS sent to 40404 will become a Tweet that is sent to your followers. All Tweets can be viewed when you visit your account online
After registration you wil be enabled to:
- Send tweets with text messaging on your phone
- Receive text for DMs and the tweets from users you want to be notified about
- There is no subscription fee
- Receiving notification from Twitter is free
- Sending SMS to Twitter number 40404 is charged at Rs. 1 plus tax per SMS
- No hidden or other rental charges
Following commands will help you to send the SMS on 40404:
- FOLLOW username > Start following a user
- UNFOLLOW username > Stop following a user
- ON/OFF > Turn all Tweets notifications on or off
- ON/OFF username > Set Tweet notifications for a user on or off (you’ll still be following then if even set it to off)
- GET username > Shows you the latest tweets from any user
- RT username > Retweet a user’s latest tweet
- FAV username > Favorite a user’s latest tweet
- D username your-message > Send a direct message to a user
For a complete list of Twitter commands found on Official Twitter website can be viewed by clicking here.