Kingston, the independent world leader in memory products, has announced the latest addition to its SSDNow family, the KC300 solid-state drive. KC300 enables business, mobile and power users to be more productive as the drive maximizes power efficiencies in notebook PCs. KC300 provides advanced power management via an LSI SandForce second-generation SF-2281 processor, allowing users to do more from a single charge.
KC300 is the next-generation business drive, replacing the Kingston V+200 and KC100 SSDs. The drive features enterprise-grade SMART attributes, allowing IT departments to monitor wear range data, SSD life left, write amplification and total bytes written. KC300 comes equipped with Data Integrity Protection featuring DuraWrite technology to extend the life of the SSD by effectively and efficiently reducing the number of Flash writes via an intelligent compression engine without sacrificing data integrity. RAISE reduces the number of uncorrectable errors in the drive, over and above standard error code correction.
“Kingston’s new SSDNow KC300 is designed to help business, mobile and power users extend the lifespan and significantly improve the performance of their PC or notebook with higher speeds, greater stability and reliability,” said Nathan Su, Flash Memory Sales Director, APAC Region, Kingston. “KC300 provides greater power efficiency than the traditional hard disk drive, thus allowing users to keep on working longer without having to recharge the battery.”
KC300 is available as a stand-alone drive or as an upgrade kit containing cloning software and other accessories for a desktop and/or notebook system. It is backed by a three-year warranty, free technical support and legendary Kingston reliability.
Kingston SSDNow KC300 Features & Specifications:
- Form factor: 2.5″, 7mm height
- Advanced Power Management: Extends notebook battery life during typical computing session
- Fast: Dramatic performance increase for any system upgrade
- Endurance: Data Integrity Protection featuring DuraClass technology
- Durable: DuraWrite intelligent compression engine extends the life of the SSD
- Dependable: RAISE reduces the number of uncorrectable errors on the drive
- Multiple Capacities: The right capacity to meet your storage need
- Interface: SATA Rev. 3.0 (6Gb/s) – with backwards compatibility to SATA Rev. 2.0
- Capacities1: 60GB, 120GB, 180GB, 240GB, 480GB
- Controller: SandForce-SF2281
- Sequential Reads2: SATA Rev. 3.0 525MB/s
- Sequential Writes2: SATA Rev. 3.0 500MB/s
- Maximum Random 4k Read/Write3:
- 60GB: 84,000/ 64,000 IOPS
- 120GB: 84,000/ 64,000 IOPS
- 180GB: 84,000/ 64,000 IOPS
- 240GB: 84,000/ 52,000 IOPS
- 480GB: 73,000/ 32,000 IOPS
- PCMARK Vantage HDD Suite Score: 57,000
- Power Consumption: 0.6 W (MAX) Idle / 1.4 W (MAX) Read / 2.9 W (MAX) Write
- Storage Temperatures: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Operating Temperatures: 0°C ~ 70°C
- Dimensions: 69.8mm x 100.1mm x 7.0mm
- Weight: 60GB, 120GB, 180GB, 240GB — 86.0g; 480GB: 92.3g
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G Peak (7–800Hz)
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G Peak (10–2000Hz)
- Life Expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
- Warranty/support: three-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)4:
- 60GB: 47TB
- 120GB: 94TB
- 180GB: 141TB
- 240GB: 188TB
- 480GB: 375TB
1 Actual available capacity for data storage is less than as listed on the products due to formatting and other
functions. See kingston.com/flashguide.
2 Based on “out-of-box performance” with ATTO Disk Benchmark 2.41. Speed may vary due to host hardware,
software and usage.
3 Based on “out-of-box performance” with IOMeter.
4 Total Bytes Written (TBW) refers to how much total data can be written to an SSD for a given workload before the
drive reaches its endurance limits.
Kingston SSDNow KC300 Solid-State Drives
|Part Number||Capacity and Features|
|SKC300S37A/60G||60GB Stand-alone KC300 SSD|
|SKC300S37A/120G||120GB Stand-alone KC300 SSD|
|SKC300S37A/180G||180GB Stand-alone KC300 SSD|
|SKC300S37A/240G||240GB Stand-alone KC300 SSD|
|SKC300S37A/480G||480GB Stand-alone KC300 SSD|
|SKC300S3B7A/60G||60GB Upgrade Bundle Kit|
|SKC300S3B7A/120G||120GB Upgrade Bundle Kit|
|SKC300S3B7A/180G||180GB Upgrade Bundle Kit|
|SKC300S3B7A/240G||240GB Upgrade Bundle Kit|
|SKC300S3B7A/480G||480GB Upgrade Bundle Kit|