Telenor, one of the 3G license winner of the auction that was held on April 23, 2014 has posted FAQs and their answers at its website which are as follows:
- What is 3G?
3G refers to the third generation of wireless technology.
The 3G network enables you to make video calls, watch live TV, access high speed internet and enjoy live streaming for the best in line mobile internet experience.
- What are the benefits of 3G?
With 3G you can enjoy the following:
• Video and music streaming on services like YouTube, Daily Motion and Vimeo
• High speed browsing
• Video calling
• Live streaming TV
• Fast downloads of large email attachments
• Video conference calls
• Social media browsing
- Is Telenor 3G Different from 2G?
Yes, Telenor 3G is different from 2G. The Telenor 3G network will run on best in class HSPA+ technology to give subscribers access to high speed internet, video calls and a richer multimedia experience within 3G coverage areas.
- How do I activate Telenor 3G?
There is no activation mechanism. Telenor 3G is on by default. To use Telenor 3G, you simply need to be in a 3G coverage area and have a 3G capable handset.
- What speed will I get on Telenor 3G?
Speed varies with a number of factors, including the handset, coverage, network traffic and number of users accessing the 3G network at a particular point of time. However, as Telenor 3G utilizes the best in line HSPA+ technology, it can provide best in line quality, fulfilling your need for speed.
- Will Telenor 3G network coverage be available across the country?
Telenor Pakistan is a 100% 3G-ready company and it will bring coverage in your city/area as soon as possible.
- How can I check if I am in a 3G coverage area?
You can dial *7799# to check if you are in a 3G coverage area. You will receive confirmation over SMS.
- What is the Video Call option on Telenor 3G?
There are certain handsets that support video call functionality. If you have such a handset you will be able to make video calls via Telenor 3G.
- How can I enable 3G on my mobile phone?
- SAMSUNG (Android)
Settings -> Connection -> More Network -> Mobile Networks -> Network Mode ->WCDMA/GSM
Settings -> More -> Mobile Networks -> preferred network type ->WCDMA/GSM
Nokia Lumia (Windows)
Settings ->Mobile Network -> Highest connection speed -> Select 3G
Nokia Asha (Symbian)
Settings -> Phone -> Network Mode -> Select 3G
iOS 7 Settings -> General -> Mobile Data – >3G/4G
iOS 6 Settings -> General -> Mobile Data -> 3G/4G
• iOS 5 Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data
• Settings -> Network connection -> Mobile Network -> Mode -> 3G/2G
- In case of Dual SIM phones, will 3G be available on both SIMs?
For dual SIM phones, 3G services will be available on “SIM 1” only
- Which handsets are compatible with the 3G network?
Most smartphones are compatible with the 3G network but not every smartphone, despite its high price, will necessarily support all features of 3G. Manufacturers develop mobile stations with versatile features at their own discretion. Technically, R99, HSPA and HSPA+ supported handsets are compatible with the 3G network. Theoretically, all 3G-enabled smart devices should support voice & data with different speed levels, but not all handsets support video telephony service. Mobile applications like Skype can remedy such limitations.
- How will I know if my handset is 3G compatible?
If you are in a Telenor 3G network area and your handset shows “3G” ,“H” or “H+” on the top of the screen next to the network signal bars, it means that the phone is 3G compatible and you can use 3G services. Subscribers must ensure that their phone settings are not set to ‘2G only’. There are 2 types of handsets – WCDMA (R99) & HSPA. WCDMA or R99 devices are 3G devices but support low 3G speeds. HSPA devices are high speed devices.
- 3G is enabled on my phone but I still get 2G/E on my phone?
Please check the Telenor 3G Network coverage MAP or dial *7799#. It might be the case that 3G is currently unavailable in that area. Rest assured, it will be available soon.
- What happens when I move out of Telenor 3G coverage?
When you move out of 3G coverage, you will be transferred seamlessly to GPRS or EDGE depending on service availability. However, you will experience slower data speed on 2G and EDGE
- What will happen if I change my Price Plan after activation of Telenor 3G Bundles?
Telenor 3G Bundles will be deactivated, but Telenor 3G will remain enabled. You will need to re-subscribe to Telenor 3G Bundles.
- How can I disable 3G if I do not want to use 3G?
There are currently two options you can choose from:
1) Call 345 to get your 3G service disabled
2) Change your phone settings to disable 3G and apply 2G settings only.