Warid Telecom, Pakistan’s most trusted cellular operator, announced the launch of the industry’s first shared plans with its LTE MiFi.
The MiFi device functions as a portable wireless router that can connect up to 10 smartphones, tablets or laptops, whereby users will have access to LTE speed internet on the go in all major cities around Pakistan. Shared Plans, available for both prepaid and postpaid customers, allow the users to choose up to two additional Warid numbers to share an internet plan and a common bill whenever and wherever they are. These are applicable to both LTE device as well as MiFi device users. The system is secure as no other device can access the network without authentication by the MiFi owner. Not just that, the battery life goes up to six hours adding to the customer’s convenience.
Mr. Asim Ali, Director Pricing, Segments & VAS at Warid Telecom, while commenting on this industry-first said, “We are committed to delivering the state-of-the-art technology that empowers our customers and makes their lives easier. Warid MiFi is designed to connect users to the mobile Internet with their own portable hotspot, so they can stay connected to the people and information important to them.”
An initial cost of Rs. 9,999 acquires the MiFi device with an LTE enabled SIM as well as an entitlement to 35GB worth of free internet every month for three months consecutively. A further option of three plans is given in the range of 15-35GB priced between Rs. 1,500 and 3,000. This offer is for all Warid customers and can be opted for by using Warid’s online portal and logging in with your mobile number.
|Mifi Internet Plan||Volume||Monthly Charges|
|MiFi Smart||15GB||Rs. 1500|
|MiFi Extra||20GB||Rs. 2000|
|MiFi Ultra||35GB||Rs. 3000|
Warid MiFi Offers:
Shared Internet Plans – You and any two of your Warid friends or family members can access Internet, anytime, anywhere on your mobile phones, with the ease of a single bill which will be billed to the Mifi owner. You can add or delete members to/from your Mifi Internet plan by logging in to the web self-service portal.
Multiple Connectivity – MiFi hotspot can connect multiple laptops, mobile phones, tablets or any WiFi enabled peripheral to the web within a range of 30 feet.
On-the-go Coverage – Seamless coverage in all major cities of Pakistan.
Built-in Security – It comes with built-in security systems and no outside devices/users can access it without proper network authentication.
Superfast Speed – Enjoy internet at superfast LTE speeds anytime, anywhere!
Super Charged Battery – With an exceptionally long battery life of upto 6 hours, it’s a great buy for those who live or travel on the go!
Terms and Conditions:
- As per Fair Usage Policy, only 35GB/month can be used.
- MiFi operates on Warid’s LTE network only.
- Internet usage can be monitored through the web self-service portal
- Mifi device broadcasts WiFi connectivity for a distance of up to 30 ft.
- You will continue to access GPRS/EDGE services in areas where LTE coverage is not available.
- For Prepaid Customers: Package change option is available on web self-service portal
- For Postpaid Customers: Please call 321 or nearest Franchise/Business Center for further assistance.
- Shared internet plans will be available on MiFi by default. Secondary connections can be managed through the web self-service portal
- There can be a maximum of two secondary connections with a MiFi shared internet plan.
- Shared devices can be added/modified/deleted from the web self-service portal
- If you do not have a LTE compatible handset you can still share the data on a 2G secondary device as well as long as primary device is MiFi or a mobile with an activated LTE shared internet plan.
- If your Primary internet data allowance is consumed, overage charging will apply to the MiFi device. A Secondary device will be switched to individual plan selected or default charging.
- MiFi comes with built-in security features that ensure optimum security for your device. There is a unique Wifi key affixed to each device; used as the network connectivity key, compulsory for network authentication. No devices/users can access the device without proper network authentication.
- SSID and Network/Wifi key can be found at the back of the device and can be read by removing the back cover of the Mifi device