Standby for a load of tech greatness as it’s that time of the year again, the Launchpad time. Launchpad 12 is here and it’s asking you to get your creative juices flowing to bring that startup idea to reality by participating in Plan 9’s biggest flagship event.
We know that our future will be evermore technology-driven. Introducing diversity as a theme will increases creativity and innovation. So, we’re constantly on the lookout for the ‘Futurepreneurs’ to take part in the Launchpad. All those who have a viable business idea and are looking to kick-start their tech start-up; Plan9 is the platform for you.
Launchpad takes place across three major cities of Pakistan including Karachi, Lahore, and Islamabad. This time around we are introducing Faisalabad as our station. It is open to all Pakistani citizens who are able to meet the eligibility criteria. The event gives a legitimate platform to aspiring startups who wish to get incubated and avail access to mentorships, screenings, workshops, talks, presentations and more. At the end of the event, the qualified and shortlisted startups become part of a six-month long incubation at Plan9.
We are proud of the fact that we are the providers of opportunities to more than hundred entrepreneurs since our inception. Evaluated at more than $70 million, the startups chosen by Plan 9 over the years have gone on to raise investments of over $2.5 million and more important, have been responsible for creating more than a thousand jobs all across Pakistan.
Today, the Launchpad receives over three thousand applications out of which 130 are selected for incubation. Needless to say, the competition is tough and gets tougher every year as more and more Pakistanis become aware of the opportunity to get their startup off the ground. Moreover, the judges vary from local to foreign investors and globally renowned tech companies such as Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft are some of the biggest names that have partnered with Plan 9.
This time around we welcome all the tech trailblazers who have any start-up ideas. Launchpad 12 is driven by diversity, think of any ecommerce, EdTech, FinTech, HealthTech, AdTech, IoT.
Punjab Information Technology Board’s Tech Incubator is now accepting nationwide applications for tech startups ideas. Avail a chance of a lifetime to compete for the support of Pakistan’s leading incubator in Pakistan.
- Registrations are now open!
- Apply Now at http://Plan9.pitb.gov.pk/thelaunchpad/
- Last date to submit applications is 19th August 2018
Launchpad is a four-day event held at Lahore and two-day event in Karachi, Islamabad and Faisalabad (you can choose your preferred city in the application form).
On Day 1, a two minute pitch together with a short Q&A session will determine your selection for Day 2. On Day 2, selected teams will receive extensive guidance & mentoring to re-vamp their proposals. Our mentors will tweak your product and add quality to it. Smart teams will filter what is relevant and take the best advice. Second day pitch will be tougher and you should be prepared to be cross-examined by our formidable judges. Start-ups will be presenting complete business model in a seven-minute pitch, followed by three minutes of Q’s n A. The top scoring 15 teams will be chosen for incubation at Plan9.
To be able to apply for The Launchpad, there are certain conditions which you need to meet:
Plan9 is a nationwide initiative and teams from all over Pakistan are called to participate. On selection, the team have to re-locate to Lahore for 6 months.
- Be a Pakistani National.
- Required age is 18 years of age or above.
- One applicant cannot apply for more than one idea.
- Business idea should be based on any technology category mentioned below.
- Present a mock-up/wire-frame/prototype of the product.
- Startup can have a strong, enthusiastic and skilled team of up to 5 members. Having a Chief Executive Officer and a qualified Chief Technical Officer is mandatory.
- Mandatory attendance from 10am -6pm for six months incubation at Plan9. Office space will open 24/7.
- No minimum qualification requirement – just a brilliant idea and passion.
- Plan9 is an equal opportunity platform.
- Startups and/or founders who are incubated in Cycle 11 do not qualify for Cycle 12. However, they can apply for the next cycle(s).
- One founder can only apply with ONE idea/product/startup.
Technology Business Diversity:
Plan9 is a technology incubator, so it is necessary that your business idea is product based and has a tech component. Your startup could be in any domain related to technology such as:
- Consumer Tech (e-commerce)
- EdTech (Education Tech)
- FinTech (Finance Tech)
- IoT (Internet of Things)
- SaaS (Software as a Service)
- Mobile App
- Web App
Selection Procedure for Incubation:
The procedure to get inducted at Plan9 is very simple, it includes:
- Apply Online
- Shortlisting of selected teams
- Invitation to shortlisted teams to attend The Launchpad
- Rating by panel of judges
- Selection of the top scoring teams for incubation
Incubation at Plan9 is no less than a heaven for your entrepreneurial DNA. Once you get incubated, you get access to:
- Business model development
- Free Legal Consultation
- Investment opportunity
- Zero equity return
- Office space/Free utilities
- Monthly stipend
And much more! Don’t let your ideas go to waste. Don’t hold back and apply now.