A 5 week long, fully funded entrepreneurial exchange to Oklahoma! This international partnership is the result of the efforts of Faizan Mahmood, Head of Strategy at Innovation District 92 and Elanie Steyn, Associate Professor at University of Oklahoma.
Innovation District 92 is the in-country partner for The University of Oklahoma, through the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication, in connection with the United States Department of State, Professional Fellows Program.
In this program two cohorts of 3 Pakistani entrepreneurs/business educators/business professionals will travel to the U.S for a five week exchange each.
One or two delegations of American entrepreneurs, business professionals or business educators will visit Pakistan.
The program will offer:
- International platform
- Hands on professional experience
- Be emerging leaders in either government, civil society or the private sector in Pakistan who have demonstrated expertise in economic empowerment and entrepreneurial/small business development in the respective countries;
- Have relevant experience and expertise in the small business/entrepreneurship/economic empowerment profession;
- Be a Pakistani citizen;
- Be interested in experiencing hands-on the activities in a U.S. business or economic empowerment organization;
- Be committed to the importance of a sustainable and empowering business sector in a democracy;
- Be proficient in written and spoken English as the entire exchange program and professional placements will be conducted in English;
- Be computer-literate;
- Be between the ages of 25 and 40
What Will You Gain Through This Experience?
- Be exposed to the day-to-day workings of the U.S. business workplace through quality professional experiences of four weeks;
- Gain exposure to a variety of American business organizations and networks in Oklahoma and Washington, D.C.;
- Get a conceptual and practical background for integrating themselves into the American business environment through conceptual lectures, discussions and exercises to expose them to concepts related to budgeting, business plans, strategic communication, leadership and management principles, social media developments, the business/government interface, intellectual property, contracts and business ethics;
- Enhance their leadership skills to facilitate positive change in their workplaces and communities as they develop personally and professionally;
- Participate in weekly face-to-face feedback sessions with University of Oklahoma faculty to reflect on their professional experiences for that week;
- Be exposed to a variety of business networks in Oklahoma designed to support start-up companies and to governmental/media institutions that can influence business;
- Be exposed to rich cultural experiences that represent Oklahoma’s unique environment especially the Native American experience, and exposure to American family life in a variety of settings;
- Become acquainted with the Pakistani-American, Indian-American, Nepali-American and Kazakhstani-American communities in the Oklahoma City metro area;
- Be exposed to networking opportunities with U.S. placement hosts and partner organizations in an ongoing discussion and exchange of ideas, support and resources;
- Get connected to a network of alumni from previous professional exchanges programs, professional placement providers and university faculty to facilitate ongoing discussion and exchange through social networking; and
- Have the opportunity to reconnect with Oklahoma stakeholders who will make reciprocal visits to Pakistan, India, Nepal and Kazakhstan.
For more details and the application process, click here: http://id92.pk/oklahoma/
For the application form, click here: http://bit.do/PINKSpring2019