If 2020 was the year that flipped the world on its head, 2021 was the year that we got used to seeing things upside down. With “normal” thrown out the window, we embraced the unknown and championed all of the things that make each of us unique. Spotify’s 2021 Wrapped is a celebration of this — the millions of weird and wonderful ways to listen and live in a world that continues to keep us on our toes.
Spotify is today launching for the first time in Pakistan its annual 2021 Wrapped campaign and personalized user experience inspired by just that. At the same time, unveiling the top artists, songs and playlists from the creators that helped soundtrack the year for more than 381 million users worldwide.
The artists that reached the top of Spotify’s Wrapped Lists in Pakistan….
Arijit Singh topped the most-streamed artist list in Pakistan. Pakistanis have an old affiliation with their neighbouring country’s industry, while the top Pakistani singer on the list is AtifAslam who has wowed his listeners for many years. The singer is renowned across the world for his love ballads, which are great at serenading your loved ones, or rekindling memories from the past.
Both Arijit Singh and AtifAslam hold the hearts of many, as their songs bring back memories for all ages. There is no age bracket for these singers, since their songs are all about emotional bonds. AtifAslam’s most popular songs on Spotify this year were “KadiTe Has Bol”, “RaftaRafta”, “TuJaane Na”and “DilDiyanGallan”.
New talents coming up in Pakistan:
Pakistan has been a hotbed for upcoming artists this year with artists like Hassan Raheem, Young Stunners and AsimAzhar making it to the top 20 list of the most-streamed tracks in Pakistan. “GhalatFehmi” From Superstar by AsimAzhar came first as the most-streamed Pakistani song, “Gumaan” by Young Stunners ranked at two and “Afsanay” came third.
Looking through the Decades:
While listeners have responded well to the newcomers in the music industry of Pakistan, the older household names have not been forgotten. Songs such as NusratFatehali Khan’s Kali KaliZulfonKePhande Na Dalo, Aitebaar by Vital Signs, and musicians like AtifAslam have topped the most-streamed songs from previous decades in Pakistan.
This goes to show, regardless of where we are, what era of music we are in; a few favorites from the past will always stay with our listeners.
Eligible users can now access their personalized Wrapped experience exclusively in the Spotify mobile app (iOS and Android).
This year’s personalized experience is full of familiar favorites, mixed with surprising new ones that connect fans with each other and creators. Here are a few new features to look out for:
- New data stories to express your year in audio – In addition to your top artists, genres, songs, podcasts and minutes listened, the personalized Wrapped experience includes several all new features, including: 2021: The Movie, Your Audio Aura, Playing Cards and 2021 Wrapped: Blend. Check out Spotify For the Record for all the details on these new features.
- Even more share ability – We know that Spotify fans love to share their Wrapped cards on social channels like Snapchat, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook; and now, they can share their Wrapped cards directly to TikTok.
Spotify has also rolled out its Wrappedcreator experience for artists. With access to their own individualized Wrapped microsite experience, creators can dive into all the ways in which their fans listened this year. Check out Spotify for Artists to learn more.
To learn more about Spotify’s 2021 Wrapped results in Pakistan, see below:
Pakistan’s Most Streamed Artists:
- Arijit Singh
- The Weekend
- Kali KaliZulfonKePhande Na Dal
- Taylor Swift
Pakistan’s Most Streamed Tracks:
- ‘TuAakeDekhle’ by King
- ‘Brown Munde’ by AP Dhillon
- ‘Insane’ by AP Dhillon
- ‘MONTERO (Call Me By Your Name)’ byLil Nas X
- ‘Butter’ by BTS
- ‘GhalatFehmi – From Superstar’ by AsimAzhar
- ‘STAY (with Justin Bieber)’ by The Kid LAROI
- Masked Wolf ‘Astronaut In The Ocean’ by Masked Wolf
- ‘Gumaan’ by Young Stunners
- ‘Afsanay’ by Talha Anjum
Pakistan’s Top Spotify Playlists: