Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) will award all available spectrum to exciting Fixed Local Loop (FLL), Wireless Local Loop (WLL) and Class Value Added Services (CVAS) licenses through region-wise auction process to be held on May 3rd, 2012.
The authority has set base prices of $25,000 to $27.4 million for frequency bands of 1.9 MHz and 3.5 MHz separately for 14 telecom regions that aimed to be awarded to different exciting telecom operators, this was issued by PTA in an Information Memorandum (IM).
PTA has fixed annual spectrum charges from $10,000 to $75,000 for different telecom regions depending on capacity and potential areas of business.
Tentative Auction Schedule:
- Publicity of IM @ 14 Feb
- Being date for submission of Expression of Interest (EoI) @ 15the Feb
- Pre-Bid Conference @ 22nd March
- Closure of queries @ 26th March
- End Date for submission of EoI.Application @ 30th March
- Response of queries from PTA @ 2ne April
- Qualification of bidders @ before auction 14th April
- Receipt of Bid Earnest Money in PTA’s Bank Account @ 19th April
- Auction @ 3rd May